You do not need any sailing experience. You can learn to sail and navigate as much as you want, but if you prefer to stay on the front deck, soak up to sun and look out for the dolphins, fine as well, it's your holiday! It always nice if you give the skipper a little help with mooring the ship in a harbor and leaving a harbor.
Most of the cruises we sail between Islands and not much at the open sea. Meaning not much change for huge waves. There are also lots of little tricks to prevent getting sea sick and if nothing helps, you can always buy some medication and we have some on board as well.
• GaySail & GayNudeSail is a Skipper only formula, meaning you pay for accommodation on board and the service of a gay skipper. The group of guests organizes (and pays) the shopping and make the breakfast and lunch together and also the dinner if we stay overnight in a bay and not in a town. There is no cook on this yachts.
• GaySail Special & GayNudeSail Special cruises are including the service of a gay skipper and a gay cook/co-skipper. The price for this type of cruise includes: accommodation on board, breakfast, lunch, harbor fees, taxes, gasoline and end cleaning. This type of cruise does not included drinks on board and dinners.
• GaySail Exclusive & GayNudeSail Exclusive organizes group- and private cruises all over the world. In our regular schedule we have luxury cruises on new and spacious catamaran and sailing yachts in the Caribbean: Saint Martin and the British Virgin Islands, and Bahamas, Brazil, Ibiza, Croatia and in Thailand. These cruises include: Accommodation on board of a luxury, spacious and new sailing yacht or catamaran, the service of a gay skipper and gay cook, breakfast, lunch and non alcoholic drinks, harbor fees, taxes, gasoline and cleaning. We can organize private sailing cruises almost anywhere you want.
AdonisGaySailing and AdonisExclusive are labels we don't use any longer. AdonisGaySailing became GaySail Special and AdonisExclusive: GaySail Exclusive.
All cruises are clothes optional, meaning if you are comfortable you may stay naked on the front deck in the sun and swim naked if you like if we are not in front of a town or a busy bay. Nude cruises are nude all day, including the breakfast and lunch and for dinner as well if we stay overnight in a bay. You are not supposed the keep you clothes or swimwear on (only if the temperature is too cold). The policy on board is no dicks on pics.
We have guys of all ages, starting from 18 till 75. Most guys are between 30 and 55 years old. As mentioned before, you need to be in a good condition to go on a sailing cruise.
30% are normally couples, 70% are single. The couples who book a cruise like this obviously choose for a group holiday and like to spent their holidays meeting new people as well. We do not charge a single supplement but if the yacht is fully booked you may have to share a bunk bed or cabin with split double bed or two single beds as a single guest.
Sailing in a company of gay man, especially when all are naked can be quite erotic. We encourage you to enjoy yourself with your partner or someone you meet during the cruise.We ask that you use some discretion and only use your cabin, an isolated beach or the front deck we call the "pussy deck". We want you to feel free to have a good time but we want to respect the right of the other guests and other people around.
As a single you will share a cabin with bunk bed (or split double bed in some catamarans) if the yacht is fully booked. You can book a cabin by yourself for an additional charge, depending on the cruise, starting with 150% of the price. You can contact us for more information if you are interested. If there are no more single spots left, we will ask you to share a double bed with someone, or if you are lucky you may have a double bed by yourself. We will never put you in a double bed with someone (not split double bed) without asking you first if it is ok, unless it is mentioned already before in the program, like the Bahama cruises.
We have all nationalities on board. About 30% normally are Americans, 30% Dutch, Belgians and British and 30% from all over the world. It varies by the cruise, like more Americans on the Caribbean cruises.
The language on board is always English. Most skippers also speak Dutch and German, some of them also speak French and Spanish. You need to speak reasonable English to be able to join the conversations on board and in the restaurants.
All expenses not included in the fare for your cruise, are paid from a common fund called “The Kitty”. Guests contribute to the common fund as necessary and one guest offers to manage the fund. All expenses not included in the fare for your cruise are paid out of “The Kitty. When the “Kitty”” is starts to get low, guests are asked to make additional contributions. The amount of your contribution to the “The Kitty" will depend on the type of cruise you choose and the country.
To give you any idea:
GaySail Special cruises in Greece, Croatia and Thailand (including breakfast and lunch) are about 30-40 euro a person a day. In the Caribbean it’s about 40-50 euro a day, because the restaurants are more expensive. GaySail and GayNudeSail cruises in Croatia are also 40-50 euro a day. People who do not drink any alcohol pay a 20% less to the kitty. The kitty for GaySail Exclusive cruises are cheaper on board, because non alcoholic drinks are included, but most guests prefer a more exclusive restaurant as well (if available).
We advise you to take a travelling bag / rucksack that can be folded as suitcases cannot be stowed away in the cabins due to limited storage space. We can not store suitcases on board! (Shower-) towels, bed-sheets, duvets and pillows will be provided. On board we have a hi-fi system so if you wish, you can bring your CD’s or bring an I pod/I phone to plug in.
• Summer clothes
• Swimwear & beach towels, sandals or slippers
• Warm jumper & waterproof jacket for cool evenings
• Sunglasses & something to cover your head (cap, hat, bandana etc)
• Your bathroom items i.e. flannel, toothbrush etc
• A small backpack to take stuff to the shore.
• Good waterproof sun cream and after-sun lotion (remember we will be on the sea it is easy and fast to get sunburnt)
Do not bring too much!
Smoking is only allowed on the back of the yacht (not inside) and not during breakfast, lunch or dinner.